Amount Per Serving:
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 1 1/2 oz mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp roasted red peppers, diced
- 1 oz prosciutto
- 3/4 lb bacon
- Combine crushed garlic, lemon juice, mustard, olive oil, and pepper; mix well.
- Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of the tenderloin to within 1/2- inch of bottom (careful not to cut all the way through).
- Open tenderloin so it lies flat. On each half, make another, lengthwise slit down the center to within 1/2-inch of bottom; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness with a mallet.
- Remove plastic wrap; spread 1/2 of the garlic/Dijon mixture on the inside of the pork. Layer the cheese, spinach, roasted red peppers and proscuitto on top, press down gently.
- Roll up pork jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Tie the roast at 1-1/2-inch to 2-inch intervals with kitchen string.(or wrap in bacon instead)
- Season lightly with salt, and remaining garlic/Dijon mixture. Place on a rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 150°. Place under the broiler to brown the top for 5 minutes, then transfer to a serving platter or cutting board.
- Let stand 10 minutes, remove string if used, and slice.