Amount Per Serving:
- 2 flat iron steaks
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 tsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- Bring vinegar to a boil in small saucepan; reduce heat to medium. Cook 20 minutes or until vinegar is reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Meanwhile, press pepper evenly onto beef steaks.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook steaks 13 to 15 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove to platter; keep warm.
- Mix butter and flour in small bowl until smooth. Add reduced vinegar, broth and pepper to same skillet.
- Gradually whisk in butter mixture until smooth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Serve steaks with sauce
Nutrition information per serving: 328 calories; 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat; 7 g monounsaturated fat); 81 mg cholesterol; 280 mg sodium; 12 g carbohydrate; 0.2 g fiber; 23 g protein; 3.4 mg niacin; 0.3 mg vitamin B6; 3.1 mcg vitamin B12; 3.1 mg iron; 18.0 mcg selenium; 7.6 mg zinc.