Amount Per Serving:
2 hours and 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 pound skirt steak
- 3 bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 12 tortillas
Flank Steak can be substituted for Skirt Steak in this delicious dish!
- Mince and mash garlic to a paste with 1 teaspoon salt.
- Thinly slice bell peppers and onion.
- Trim and cut steak into large pieces to fit on a grill or in a ridged grill pan.
- In a large, heavy-duty freezer Ziploc bag, combine garlic paste, lime juice, cumin, and olive oil.
- Seal and shake to combine.
- Place skirt steak, bell peppers, onion, and cilantro sprigs into the bag, squeeze out the air, and turn to coat the meat, distributing vegetables evenly.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight to allow marinade to permeate.
- Preheat the gas or charcoal grill to high heat.
- While grill is heating, remove skirt steak from marinade to a platter, shaking off liquid and reserving marinade with the vegetables.
- Preheat a heavy skillet to the smoking point.
- Drain vegetables and cilantro, and quickly stir-fry over high heat until slightly charred and softened, but not mushy.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Add ingredients to warmed tortillas, roll and serve.
280 calories; 11 g of fat; 3 g saturated fat; 17 g carbohydrate; 2 g fiber; 555 mg sodium; 54 mg cholesterol; 28 g protein
Fajitas Recipe Photo © 2009 Peggy Trowbridge Filippone, licensed to About.com, Inc. http://homecooking.about.com/od/beefrecipes/r/blbeef11.htm