Amount Per Serving:
- 3 1/2 pound pork loin, sliced into 1" slices
- 2 onion, sliced
- 1 cup ginger ale
- 1 tsp Cookies Flavor Enhancer
- 1 bottle Cookies Sweet Hickory BBQ Sauce
You can freeze ready-made sandwiches by wrapping in clear plastic wrap and aluminum foil. To reheat, remove the wrapping and wrap in a paper towel. Heat in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- Season pork with flavor enhancer. Place one sliced onion on the bottom of the crock pot, then add pork.
- Cover with another sliced onion.
- Add ginger ale, cover and cook on low for 8 hours (high for 4 hours), or until the internal temperature reaches 145 F.
- Remove pork, strain and save onions, and discard all liquid.
- Shred pork with two forks and return pork and onions to the crock pot.
- Add BBQ sauce and continue to cook on low for 2 more hours.
- Serve on buns or rolls with additional BBQ sauce.