Amount Per Serving:
- 4 center cut pork chops, cut 1 ¼ inch thick
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 2 slice bread, cut into ½ inch cubes
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- For stuffing, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook almonds, celery, and onion until vegetables are tender. Stir in 2 tablespoons water, bouillon granules, parsley flakes, and almond flavor. Add bread cubes; toss to moisten.
- Cut an opening in each chop from the outer side, widen opening into pocket, being careful not to cut through the other side of the chop.
- Fill pockets in chops with equal amounts of stuffing. Secure with toothpicks.
- Place stuffed chops on a roasting rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered until internal temperature is 145°F, 35-45 minutes.
- Remove toothpicks from chops. Let rest 3 minutes and serve.
433 calories; 26 g fat; 9 g saturated fat; 117 mg cholesterol; 284 mg sodium; 10 g carbohydrate; 1 g fiber; 26 g protein